We’re Ganymede Games
, an independent game studio in Las Cruces, NM, and we’re looking for a VFX artist to join our team. We're all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans and rookies. We're fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
As a VFX artist, you’ll create character, environment, and UI visual effects for Xenotheria
, an upcoming sci-fi RPG for PC/Console platforms. We’ve been prototyping the game for several months now, so you’ll be joining a project that has a strong, clear vision.
This is a contract position and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world. It will remain remote for the foreseeable future (not planning to change post-pandemic).
What’s the mission
- Establish and maintain the overall VFX style
- Design special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay
- Balance visual satisfaction, gameplay clarity, and performance constraints
- Setup, implement and troubleshoot the art assets into game with P4 and Unity
- Working together with the rest of the game team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Proven experience working with the Adobe suite and Unity Visual Effect Graph system
- Experienced colorist and well-versed in the use of motion, lighting, and color in the communication of VFX
- Strong VFX fundamentals (timing, shape language, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset ready to wear a lot of different hats as needed
- Art portfolio that demonstrates both your creativity and craft as an artist
- You love RPGs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with another area of game art, (i.e. animation)
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- A love of the sci-fi genre
- Send your resume, cover letter, and VFX reel (online only) to email@example.com
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our studio and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process, which will include an art test.
About Ganymede Games
We are Ganymede Games, an independent games studio in Las Cruces, NM. We create worlds that inspire exploration, adventures that spark curiosity, and unique gameplay that respects your time and busy lives. We promise to craft experiences you will want to share with others both in-game and out of game.
Ganymede Games was formed by industry veterans. Our team is composed of seasoned gamers, adventure seekers, nature enthusiasts and animal lovers whose passion for exploring new worlds infuses everything we do. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Having worked together around the globe from Los Angeles to Cyprus at companies like Riot Games and Wargaming, co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Rob Thompson are joined by developers who left the high costs and noise of the high-tech cities for an affordable, high quality of life with plenty of local biomes to explore.
Xenotheria is an upcoming sci-fi RPG for PC/Console platforms. For more information, visit http://xenotheria.com