Dream Harvest is an award-winning start-up game studio building AA experiences that challenge the status quo when it comes to genres.
With a focus on building online, live games with a narrative and community-driven focus; we aim to create AAA like experiences but with the small team creativity found in indie studios.
We're currently looking to bring on board an experienced Unity Tools Programmer to help us optimize our production pipelines across all disciplines and make sure that team members have everything needed to do their best work without being held back by the engine.
This role is offered on a Remote or on-site basis at our Brighton office.
We are looking for a Tools Programmer to contribute to our new projects. More specifically, under the supervision of our CTO and in collaboration with the rest of dev, Art, Audio, narrative and design teams, you will help structure and implement new tools and enhance existing ones, considering their needs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with all members of the team to assess the needs for tools
- Translating these into ergonomic, intelligible tool designs, which are harmonized, coherent with the game’s vision
- Creating easy-to-use tools which allow for seamless and quick iteration on the game
- Gathering the team’s feedback and continuously maintaining, improving and debugging tools
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Video Games
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Excellent C# ability,
- Extensive Knowledge of Unity and it's up to date features.
- Excellent understanding of Game Designers’, Artist's and Audio team's needs and ability to translate them into effective, user-friendly tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers, programmers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
) is a highly tactical cyberpunk RTS that turns the genre on its head by focusing on fast, macro and total information gameplay, short 8-12 min matches, epic global objectives and a dark cyberpunk narrative campaign that carefully combines Solo, Co-Op and competitive PVP into a seamless whole.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other roles feel free to speak to the team directly on our Discord at https://discord.gg/T7fRDe8