This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
While some still look to the stars, social networks and video games have given us a chance to look to the digital realm, a third place. These frontiers, thus far, have been fun - a form of entertainment.
Darewise is a team of force multiplier game developers, united to prove we can go beyond entertainment by experiencing rich, creative and connected open world, multiplayer video games.
They’re ready to prove that these worlds can exist as a cooperative venture between company and community.
They are building proprietary technology that serves as the foundation for these open world experiences, pushing beyond the existing social networks and online games to connect people in new, meaningful ways. They share this desire with gamers around the world who are eager to participate in building these worlds both as a technological achievement and as active participants in the game itself.
The company is based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Brad Lansford (The Witcher 3), Bradley Jeansonne (Halo, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead), Benjamin Charbit (Assassin’s Creed) and the technical direction of Samuel Kahn (The Division, CryEngine).
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of what a game can be, join their international team and start disrupting it all to offer unprecedented gaming experiences.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Online Gameplay Programmer for our upcoming MMO game “Life Beyond”! Online programming is at the core of what we do and at Darewise you will be working with cutting-edge technology to deliver experiences that go beyond current multiplayer games.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- As part of our Engineering team, design and implement the network architecture of our games
- Work with SpatialOS, exciting new technology and drive innovation in an ambitious MMO project
- Work closely with game designers to support online gameplay features in an efficient and secure manner
- Oversee the security and performance concerns of the game, advising and mentoring other programmers as necessary
- Ensure there are no surprises by maintaining a robust testing framework throughout the development of the game
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options*
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working scheme
- Live in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world or enjoy working from home anywhere in Europe!
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Public + private health insurance*
- Profit share scheme
- 50% refund of your public transport card*
- Work within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Get the most comfortable and efficient work environment (Herman Miller chairs and standing desks)*
- Monthly team building events in Paris
- Quarterly offsite events with the whole Darewise team
- Visit your coworkers in other countries for free (up to twice a year)
- Become part of an inclusive and experienced international team
*some benefits may vary based on your location
- 5+ years online programming experience and at least one released AAA PC/console game
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Expert knowledge of low level network protocols, and security best practices
- Experience with hosting game servers and cloud computing
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.