3-month contract, part-time hours, fully remote
Hourly rate negotiable based on experience
This short, part-time course (10-12 weeks) aims to introduce students to advanced technical game development techniques using the Unity engine in a live production cycle.
The course is made up of three components:
- Technical game development
- Professional skill development
- Work experience
Students should complete the course with confidence as established game developers.
Code Coven is looking for a software engineer with experience shipping at least 2 Unity games to take the lead in instructing the students and leading them through two short sprints with a studio.
Instructors are encouraged to be real, passionate, supportive and committed to helping other women achieve confidence in their workplace.
- Foster an online teaching environment where participation and discussion is encouraged
- Lead and mentor a team of up to 14 developers in:
- Advanced Unity methodologies
- Development best practices
- Be the Team Lead and POC between the class and the development studio
- Work closely with the PM to ensure that the project is running smoothly and that the students are getting the most out of the curriculum
- Help develop the curriculum plan
- Commit to Code Coven’s code of support, advocacy and inclusion without judgment
- Earn a game credit for every project you are involved in
- Work remotely, with core hours that are defined by the class’ time zones and availability
- Be a part of something intrepidly daring, changing the games industry for women all over the world
- Good listener
- Solutions finder
- Team oriented
- Unity experience
- High EQ
- Shipped 2 Unity titles
- Demonstrated proficiency in Unity and C# (e.g. shipped titles)
- Examples of mentoring or leadership
- Knowledge of diversity topics