Full Time Permanent Role. Remote - UK Based. Annual salary £38-40k per year.
Bithell Games was founded in 2013 after the success of Thomas Was Alone, and has since continued that success with a string of games, from original IP, to collaborations on licensed IP. We’re known internationally for our often surprising, but always entertaining projects.
Our team is made up of a mix of full time and contract employees, all working remotely since the company’s founding. This lets us work fast, creatively and with more flexibility. We take enormous pride in the quality of the games we produce, but put equal weight on our company’s treatment of workers. We have never crunched, and we never will.
We have a number of exciting projects on the boil right now, and are hiring for a range of roles. We’re excited to continue to expand our team and make more awesome games.
Currently, we’re looking for a Console Programmer. You’ll work alongside other programmers on an exciting new project. You’ll use your experience to bring our games to a range of modern consoles, porting experiences and finessing execution and performance on each platform. You’ll be an essential and respected part of our team.
- You’ll be responsible for porting and maintaining the game on multiple platforms, over a multi-year project.
- You’ll work with the rest of the programming team, and the game’s director, to create ports which take advantage of the strengths of each platform.
- We’re a small company, so we value collaboration with team members across all disciplines, and you’ll be expected to communicate and work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be expected to iterate quickly, but also be able to clean up and produce high quality code.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor to the project, and support your team.
- Advanced experience with Unity and C#.
- Shipped games (as a programmer) on multiple console platforms.
- Attention to detail, you take pride in the specifics of game porting.
- Excellent communication skills, in terms of presentation to other departments, and detailed communication with other coders.
- An interest in game design, particularly game feel.
Nice to have:
- Experience of standards for each platform, and platform specific quality assurance processes.
- Experience on all 3 modern consoles.
If you don't fit every single requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway!
If you’d like to apply for this job, please send an email with subject line ‘Console Programmer’ followed by your name. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio as appropriate, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
Bithell Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you’re welcome here. We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role.