We’re looking for a self-starting Character Rigger with minimum 2+ years of professional game experience with Maya and 3DS Max to join our veteran team developing for innovative geo-loc Mobile and PC/Console games! If you’re passionate about making unique game experiences in a collaborative studio setting, come join us!
Applicants must have ability to rig a variety of objects ranging from characters to environmental sets. This individual should also be comfortable animating objects, rigid body set ups as well as characters.
BRB is observing The California Safer At Home order
, and will work remotely as needed in the coming months. This position can later elect to continue to work remotely, or for outside of Los Angeles area candidates, to relocate to sunny El Segundo, Los Angeles.
- Export complicated legacy Max animation files to optimized Unity assets
- Set up rigging for stylized or realistic characters, animals, props and environments
- Animate missing state using existing rigs
- Supervise animation files through Unity and UE4, then proactively debug issues
- Set up character cloth or hair dynamics
- Give feedback to modelers to optimize edge loops and mesh articulation
- Preserving existing UV information and generating new UVs as needed after fragmenting geometry
Requirements & Skills:
- 2-4 years professional games experience rigging using Maya and 3DS Max
- Solid understanding of rigging concepts such as constraints, IK blends, set-driven-keys, secondary joints, scripting, etc.
- Experienced with game animation and deformation pipelines
- Experience with Unity and Unreal 4 game engines
- Ability to create rigging and animation tools using Python or MEL scripting
- Comfortable with remote work using vidcons, Slack and Confluence for daily communications
Preference to applicants with:
- Expert Maya user, advanced (expert preferred) 3DS Max experience. Current unannounced project requires porting legacy 3DS Max character files into our Maya pipeline, and out to Unity
- Advanced Motion Builder experience a plus. Not using mo-cap on current projects, but we have had, and will have projects using Mo-cap
- Animation experience to identify clean efficient meshes, and create new animations
- Basic understanding of human and animal anatomy
Reels must include examples of professional work, with exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted.
Qualifying candidates should expect to go through a technical interview process
We want you to grow your career with us. By collaborating with our team averaging 15 years of gaming experience, our goal is for to do your best work with us as we all elevate our craft.
Big Red Button offers competitive salaries and benefits, and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.