Software Engineer (Generalist)
6 month contract with possibility of extending
Software Engineer (Generalist)
Are you looking for a highly challenging environment and to join a team who strive for the best and where friendship and ambition is at the heart of everything?
At BetaDwarf you will join a team of skilled and companionable Dwarves to create highly ambitious games.
You will report directly to the Executive Producer and work in a small close-knit team working on improving our most successful game to date, “Minion Masters”. You will be an essential part of remastering Minion Masters and be part of BetaDwarfs first foray into the mobile field.
Ideally you are highly driven, self-motivated and not afraid to express your opinions or come with suggestions for improvements. You must be ready to take responsibility and identify areas that could benefit from your talents. We want you to make your mark on our world and our team, and join a collaborative effort to raise the quality of the entire experience we deliver to the players.
- Contribute to the development and discussions surrounding overall system architecture.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for multiple game titles.
- Design, implement and develop tools for designers and artists.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Prepare and deploy Minion Masters to a multitude of platforms.
- Advanced understanding of C#.
- Extensive amount of application programming experience.
- A lot of experience working with Unity and Unity UI.
- Able to communicate with non-technical team-members.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and work flow.
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Well versed in software engineering principles.
- Familiar with shaders and their development.
- Knowledge of animation, camera control, and lighting.
- Experience shipping multiple game titles.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience with developing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- Understanding of optimization, especially in the context of Unity.
- Grand Master Minion Masters player.
What we offer:
- Option to work remotely or on-site in Copenhagen.
- An ambitious and dynamic team of fun, vibrant, colleagues from all over the world.
- To be part of a rapidly growing company.
- An environment that challenges you to grow and focuses on continual improvement.
- Venture journey with ESOP.
- Live products.
- Daily lunch.
- Friday bar with homebrew (by our resident Programmer Brewmaster).
- Relocation assistance.
- Work-life balance, the Danish way.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you, send us an email with your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in working at BetaDwarf, what familiarity you have with our games and any relevant knowledge or experience you think we'd like to know about.
The role is a 6 month contract, with the possibility to extend. Located in Copenhagen, Denmark or remote and starting as soon as possible.
We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
With a very diverse team hailing from all over the world, we welcome applicants of all nationalities and all walks of life.
Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place