This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Regular Full Time
Remote Work From Home
Who We Are
AdHoc Studio is a diverse team of developers driven by a pursuit of excellence in storytelling. Our DNA is made up of former employees of Telltale Games, Night School Studio and Ubisoft having written and directed such games as Tales From the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, and Minecraft: Story Mode. We draw inspiration from all forms of media and pride ourselves on our distinctive approach to interactive narrative in games. Our goal is to create resonant experiences that put the player in charge of the story, giving them agency where most games take it away. At the end of 2019, we announced that we’re co-developing the sequel to The Wolf Among Us with Telltale Games.
About the Role
We are looking for an Art Director who will establish and realize a visual style and be eager to dig in with hands-on work. The ideal candidate is comfortable and capable in a highly collaborative and iterative environment. They should be able to work with a mixture of the Unreal Engine and proprietary tools to help bring studio projects to fruition, and be a driving force of our studio’s artistic aesthetic. Since this is a studio role, and not project-specific, we’re looking for someone comfortable exploring and speaking to a range of styles, though specialists are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate has prior AD experience, but we’re open to all candidates with industry experience.
- Establish and develop the visual design and identity for the game.
- Partner with the creative leads in defining a vision that supports the artistic, game design, and narrative goals.
- Deliver initial artwork to communicate the direction.
- Collaborate with the design leads to support and improve the gameplay, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Develop style guides for environment, character, props, lighting, and special effects.
- Establish and maintain the art pipeline, setting protocol for asset review and management.
- As the studio grows, manage teams, both internal and external, and cultivate team members’ professional growth.
- Ability to define a high caliber vision for game titles, with outstanding visual and technical understanding in rendering and asset creation.
- Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering.
- Ability to contribute to the creation of art visualization through hands-on examples.
- Write clear, concise and accurate artistic documentation and email communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics.
- Ability to give and take criticism in a professional manner.
- Positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to participate in a collaborative environment.
- Previous work as an Art Director, Lead Artist, or Senior Concept Artist on a shipped title.
- B.A. in Fine Arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skillset.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
- Experience collaborating with other disciplines.
- Experience in the Unreal Engine.
- Experience creating and working with 3D assets.
- A passion for better representation in games and game development.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- No Commute; Work From Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Family Leave
- Disability Leave
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter through our online portal here: adhoc-studio.breezy.hr
- Examples of personal and professional artwork
- Examples of work you directed but did not create
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.