Who We Are
In the past 10 years, 2K has established a rich heritage for publishing some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE 2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. During that time, we’ve been fortunate enough to build a passionate and driven fan base who are eager to engage with our brands on a deeper level!
What We Need
Do you want to build unforgettable engagement with our fans, and help foster word of mouth for our games far beyond the universe of our channels? Do you love understanding the truths of our fans, to truly understand what makes them tick, what drives them to engage? Do you drive decisions with data, creative resourcefulness, and a little bit of guts and heart? This is our team culture! If that’s you, then the rest below will apply. Our 2K Core Games label is looking for a Global SM Manager to lead the strategy for the beloved Borderlands franchise. Under the direction of the Sr. Global Social Media Manager, this role will be responsible for developing and executing the worldwide strategy pertaining to social media of games related to the franchise, that addresses both global and regional social marketing needs. As a member of our Core Games Global SM team, you will develop social campaign and channel-specific strategies for major platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, where our content and engagement tactics will resonate best. You will lead all aspects of the development of creative content that excites, educates, and engages our growing international audience of players from conceptualization to publication and measurement. This is a meaningful and multifaceted role with growth potential that will require high levels of collaboration and communication across multiple partners between Brand, PR, Influencer, Community, and Studio.
What You Will Do
- Help define and execute social media strategies on a global perspective for gaming products in the Borderlands franchise, including methods to attract new fans, retention, and engagement from owned and earned channels, balancing global brand objectives with local territory considerations.
- Manage and execute day-to-day global social activities and channel engagement, working with internal cross-functional teams, development teams, and external agencies as needed.
- Develop creative briefs and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Monitor and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to inform decisions. Proactively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, advance potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Establish and advocate for channel standard methodologies including content strategy and optimization as well as platform usage.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to global partners.
- Compile and distribute regular social-related metric reports at primary campaign beats or crisis management, ensuring upwards visibility, as well as helping inform what metrics are valuable.
- Build relations and tightly collaborate with the Social Media team at Gearbox Studio to ensure their constant alignment with our strategic plans.
- Keep a constant finger on the pulse of social media trends in our industry, entertainment, consumer products, and sports that can encourage and drive our initiatives.
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for someone who is a social content strategist at heart, extremely passionate about content marketing and engagement, and is truly hungry for this craft. A passionate gamer who is plugged into internet culture. Bonus if you love the Borderlands universe. Being savvy about regional cultural insights and have first-hand experience collaborating as part of an international team. This person should be creatively driven and able to tell engaging stories through social content. They should be independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to improve what we do to drive engagement and retention while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. This person will thrive with the capacity to understand and always think about the big picture to make daily decisions that are aligned with the overall global marketing strategy. This contributor will benefit from being extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability with social media or community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer, entertainment, or similar brand.
- Experience developing global social strategies informed by regional insights in collaboration with international partners.
- Skilled with enterprise social publishing tools including Sprinklr, Sprout Social, or Social Bakers, and listening tools such as Synthesio, Talkwalker, Spiketrap, Netbase, etc. Including a deep understanding of SM figures, and analyzing either on platform, Google Analytics, or related.
- A social media enthusiast with experience building communities on, and practical knowledge of, all major social media platforms, as well as community platforms like Discord, and Reddit. Experience with first-party community hubs is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience a plus.
- Strong project management skills and a high degree of comfort managing multiple projects.
- Solid understanding of/passion for video games and pop culture is essential.
- And really, you will need to know who Claptrap and Tiny Tina are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.